RD350 F2 front footrest

ndso20
This post is 3802 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

The right front footrest on my RD350 F2 has recently broken off. I see you can buy them, but does anyone know how easy they are to remove and refit onto the hangers?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not having had one of these I don't know for sure but usually they are held on by a nut and washer with sometimes a split pin to stop the bolt falling off, just undo it and replace it with a new one. An easy job even for a noob mechanic, not saying you are but one of the easy jobs compared to some of the others on bikes.

The footrests are held on to the hangers by a single nut at the back. Not sure if you can get a spanner in there without taking off the hangers. If you do you just have to remove the exhaust bracket bolt and nut that holds it to the hanger and remove the two bolts at the front of the hanger which I think are Allen type bolts and it should come off. When you take out the exhaust bracket bolt it's best to find something to support the weight of the exhaust at the back if you don't want to take the exhaust right off to save putting strain on the exhaust flange studs.

Tone

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online