Nice ride, slowly

Cynic
This post is 3806 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I know it sounds like a dull title but I spend all my time on motorways and such. So once I had fully cleaned all the oily gunk from my oil leak incident, and fixed the scottoiler as a bonus I popped out for a 'quick spin'.

Riding down the same roads I saw a 'not suitable for HGV' sign. That's for me says I, well the next 40 miles passed as single track, lanes in 500year old villages and simple roads to nowhere, couple were even 2 separate strips of tarmac. Just turning down roads that were signed as narrow or restricted in some way. Ended on a farm at one point. :eusa_shifty:

Hardly saw another vehicle and spent most of the time at 20 or 30mph. Really made a change, everything is within 10 miles of my house but felt so remote.

It was so nice, to racing idiots, no boy racers nothing just sightseeing down roads a car would struggle if it met another.

All told the quick spin was just over 70miles :eusa_whistle:

• Like 3

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's always nice to find a quiet bit of tarmac near home, so often there are nitwits who think it's fun to roar through the countryside. Glad you had a good day. :jossun:

Kev you miss so much. I was 15 minutes from home but felt like it was an adventure.

You should tr......

Hang on, every time you leave the house you explore the unknown.

• Like 1

Did the same on friday night,,,it was glorious , :jossun: , found a uninhabited castle ,, will go back with Camera next time,,,,

I love doing this. I've gone miles just thinking 'I wonder what's down that road' and then finding out. My idea of a great day's riding.

Yep Foamy your right on your 50 it will be 47MPH :biglaugha:

IF IM LUCKY!.

My old donkey would do just over 50mph flat out, but any more than 30-60 seconds and it would pinch up and die, it would do 40mph comfortably all day long though so thats gonna be my max for the travel up.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online