Hello! Possible FZR400 owner from Norfolk

JCoxy
This post is 3807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello all, new to the forums and new to motorbiking, I currently have a CBF 125 and getting towards earning my A2 licence..
My cousin has this bike, pictures below, and I don't know if its worth doing up, I want a project and this seems a great chance, I've been researching and it seems a common bike, hence me finding these forums.
from mytextcheck, it's a 1994 FZR 400 not Genasis
As you can see it has this Cadburys livery, It must of been done by the previous owners as google has nothing about it being a special.
I would love to get it cleaned up, serviced and start restoring some parts, I would love to remove all the fairings and have them repainted in a solid metallic dark grey, black is a little too common, but the wheels black.
60kRMQi.jpg
Clpd75i.jpg
Lastly, how much do you people reckon it's worth in its current state? mint FZR's are going for around a grand to £1500, I was thinking around £200 - £300?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I think these are too powerful for a A2 license, without restriction. (google says they are 64-68 BHP) .

I like the way it is now, bet it would look pretty tidy after a good blast with a hosepipe. As for the price....i'd say the cheaper the better!

Any idea if there are any issues with it? might help you decide how much it is worth- or more to the point how much it would cost to get it up and running.

Always wanted to have a go on one of these 400's :jossun:

Hi, yes I need to find some sort of restrictor kit for the bike, It actually has a 600 engine fitted by the previous owners.

I'm thinking that it's worth £300 - £400 how it is, it does run, just needs two new tyres, new chain and sprockets.

I would love a project to work on as I'm quite bored when I'm not working (apprentice mechanic)

Wouldn't mind stripping it down, removing and getting the fairings resprayed in a dark grey, with black rims

The cadbury livery looks great, but it needs redoing in some areas.

Yeah, I have a feeling he also knows it's worth a little bit more, he hasn't said what he wants for it.

We're going to fire it up this weekend so I may make him an offer, I would love to restore every inch of it :)

I noticed there's a freaking hole drilled randomly on the left side frame, no idea why I due to ask. Would like to find a way to "fill" it up, can be seen on the first picture near the tank...

I noticed there's a freaking hole drilled randomly on the left side frame, no idea why I due to ask. Would like to find a way to "fill" it up, can be seen on the first picture near the tank...

it would have to be a weld job.

looks like the later XJ 2HW engine as it has the strange looking point on the side cover where the single pick up lives.

:welcome: