Clear coat over decals

mcferreira100
This post is 3808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My next tank I want to do a MS Primer, Base coat and Clear coat over it. This will be my first time doing it this way as I`ve only used 2K paints so far. I was wanting to apply decals then clear coat over them. I`m having rather expensive vinyl decals made and don`t want to ruin them. So my question has anybody had experience doing this..can the paint damage the decals?..would appreciate any tips so I don`t make a mess of it?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You could ask your decal supplier if you could have an off-cut to test it on, he might be ok with that. One of the members on here did just what your saying and she had real problems with the vinyl crinkling up under the clear coat. Someone on here will be along with more advice soon. :jossun:

It was Sacha I think that had this problem.

you need to really lightly,dust the decal with the clear and build up from there.

its the aromatics in there which can lift the vinyl

Remember to use petrol resistent laquer , or they"l run on the first fuel spill... :eusa_doh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online