Scrap value of bikes?

wild foamy
This post is 3810 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi peeps.

Im sure im opening myself up to a barrage of "whatever you pay for it when your pissed foamy!" posts, but is there any specific guideline value for scrap bikes?

Reason being the MC club at Cosford has recently started up again and there is F1 CBR600 Hurricane sat in the storage shed in pretty rough shape with flat tyres, no front fairing e.t.c and they've asked me to sort it out with the registered owner who has since left the services or they will have it scrapped. ideally i was going to break it for parts but am wondering what sort of price i may be looking at for it.

cars tend to be £100/tonne at scrapyards but i cant seem to find any reference to motorbikes... any ideas?

Foameh x

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have done some scraping in my day and the only way to get top dollar for metal is to break it into clean metal and thats a Pita when it come to removing all the steel from ali.

Probably best to pull what ever good parts there is and just bin the rest for scrap steel weight ,because if the scrap yard find 1 tiny little piece of steel then it all gets clasified as dirty ali.

O I just had a thought You could run it over with a tank and then seperate all the steel with a magnet :biglaugha: Its just a honda

end of the day foams, it's worth what someone will pay for it.

look on flee bay .(oh you do.) :hah:

Foamy if you scrap all your bikes together £100 per ton = thats a lot of dosh and the MOD get their carpark back,win win! :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Ive sold pretty much all of my bikes now! only the DT and Project FUCR remaining.

the guy who came to pick up my RD kept wanting to buy my DT50 aswell, i couldnt bring myself to sell it :(, made that mistake once before!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online