something drain my battery

lallasro
This post is 3813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys!

I was hopping I will not post very soon on this area but my bike have another opinion :)

in last 3 days I found my battery empty every morning. the battery is new (2-3 weeks) and don`t have any problem before. the alarm don`t was activated so this is not the problem.

all I change on the bike in last days was the GPS holder (is connected directly to battery but the GPS don`t was fitted. the holder was on repair under guarantee and I receive this back few days ago. also I can hear a continous strange sound every time I fit the GPS in the holder, the noises is amplified when the GPS is ON.

is possible this holder to drain my battery in any way?

any another idea what I need to check?

thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hook up your multy meter between the neg cable and battery and on the amp mode and disconecting the gps holder,and see if you have a amp draw while connected (gps) and if it stops when un pluged. If not then start pulling fuses till it stops pulling amps then you will know what circut it pulling amps when the bike is off.

thanks DT, what is neg cable? lol.. sorry but I`m far far faraway from electronics things. I don`t have any multy meter is good any one I can found on market?

Ok pos is + ...neg is - if looking at battery..get it?

If you dont have a multi meter then just disconnect the gps for the night ,,,by the sounds of things it is what is causing you problems anyway.

the GPS don`t was on the dock, and the sound is coming from dock when I fit the GPS in this. I don`t care about this sound, I was just thinking this can be the problem I find my battery flat... tomorow I will buy a multi meter and I will try find if the problem is coming from the dock. thanks again ;)

LOL you will never learn english if you read 1/2 of what i write,POS could mean "piece of shit" or "positive" sorry.

write= to script to paper

right=could mean turning not left but right

wright= you are wrong and I am not

all sound the same when said,I didnt creat this language and after 47 years you would think I could get it right,wright,,,, a piss on it i dont care if you can spell it rite or if I can I know the jist of what your saying.

And dont even get the scotts or newfies involved they will spellit any way they want and you will never understand

Ok just un plug the dock and see what happens

FYI Lasso MUHAHaHaHA Is a evile laugh,like the bad guy in a moive,,,,, haha is just a laugh,,,, and LOL is laugh hard out loud,lmao is laughing my ass off,

LOL BH your rite,wright,right or did you just write that to totaly confuse lasso,now dont even go there,thier or they'er

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online