Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar / V-star Bumpy Ride?

PyroVee
This post is 3812 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, I was redirected to this page from my original question, I don't mean to spam or anything so please dont get offended. My original post was :

My Yamaha (shaft drive) seems to have a strange problem that I noticed the other day, up til about 30 - 40 mph when i pull in the clutch i can feel this "dit-dit-dit" bumpiness the i THINK is coming from the front but resonates throughout the entire bike. It is very slight but so irritating, I took it to one garage they said it's fine, then another who removed the front wheel, re-did the inner tube alignment and added a weight to it .. but it's still there. I thought it may be the engine, so I turned the bike off and went down a hill in neutral, still there clear as day, I have removed the front fender, the tool roll and nothing rubbing against the wheel. I think the bump stops when leaning but I cannot be sure. The garage put it up on jacks and there was no irregularity with either tyre, they spun exactly the same and evenly.... The only thing I can think is that is may be an uneven brake disk/ too tight front brakes.... Does ANYONE have any idea, it's driving me mad.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To keep costs low, best to start by looking at things you can take apart without requiring new ones when reassembling:

How are your wheel bearings?
Spokes all nice and tight?
Forks solid and aligned?
Speedo unit in good nick?
Everything fully lubed up?

Its gotta be some thing with the running gear.

But as this is the intro section i'll leave my advice for the Work shop section.

Welcome to the YOC

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online