Yamaha XVS 650 Dragstar / V-star Bumpy Ride?

PyroVee
This post is 3828 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My Yamaha (shaft drive) seems to have a strange problem that I noticed the other day, up til about 30 - 40 mph when i pull in the clutch i can feel this "dit-dit-dit" bumpiness the i THINK is coming from the front but resonates throughout the entire bike. It is very slight but so irritating, I took it to one garage they said it's fine, then another who removed the front wheel, re-did the inner tube alignment and added a weight to it .. but it's still there. I thought it may be the engine, so I turned the bike off and went down a hill in neutral, still there clear as day, I have removed the front fender, the tool roll and nothing rubbing against the wheel. I think the bump stops when leaning but I cannot be sure. The garage put it up on jacks and there was no irregularity with either tyre, they spun exactly the same and evenly.... The only thing I can think is that is may be an uneven brake disk/ too tight front brakes.... Does ANYONE have any idea, it's driving me mad.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.