Ontario Meet and Greet - April 11 2014

This post is 3808 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Had a meetup with the Ontario members (DT and I lol) and a pal of mine who came along with his Kawasaki cruiser. Took a little trip up and down some mountain access roads here, almost got busted by the police but they missed us by about 30 seconds (the cop was literally pulling in to setup radar right after we went by the parking lot) - and stopped at the beach for a break in between so I snapped a couple photos while we were down there.

I'm editing and uploading a video as well so I'll get that posted as soon as it's ready!

13790210805_7261b888e9_c.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

13790229253_48a2af9af8_c.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

13790542164_187ca96515_c.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

Even scrubbed off my chicken strips riding with Flip in the lead! lol

13790225623_7cf56c2834.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

13790218833_0208ffc050.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

13790524374_c949ca7b58.jpgUntitled by feliks.ca, on Flickr

• Like 2

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice Vid Feliks, looks like you were having fun. :jossun:

Oh yeah, was a great time!

Yesterday not so much... hit another patch of sand and well...fuck me. Yeah, happaned AGAIN, went down...bike and I are both OK, again, had my leathers on this time, saved me some road rash. I slid about 30 feet this time after hitting the ground...

I hate sand. I'll upload the video of that crash later.

Haha beliveit or not BH I drove past a lake that is still frozen solid on the 2 hr ride up to Stoney Creek,we just got a blast of warm weather wont last but nice to get out,it been around 15 during the day and +0 for the last few nights.

A couple of days of rain makes for getting rid of the snow quick. I think every person who owns a bike in ontario had them out in the last few days, I mannaged to get to 3 of the great lakes in 2 days,was going to stop and see Jeff Rz resurection yesterday but he was in the wrong direction from home and the rain came in, a realy good thunderstorm so now the roads will be cleaned up from all the grit and salt.Managed 1500+kms in 2 days and might still get out today ,got monkey butt LOL got to break in my arse cheaks.

while the roads might be more to what you guys on that side are used to, the roads in and around stoney creak are some of the worst roads I have ridden on in ontario. They realy aren't paved as much as they are a pacth quilt of different fixesEven some of the roads up north are better.Riding on the mountain road reminds me of the cork screw at laguna seca,totaly blind entry and a 80 degree drop hair pin,lots of fun but get it wrong and it wil eat you.

Opps soryy to hear that! Did the wife add that extra insurance on you she was talking about on friday ?

LOL just incase you forgot your suposed to slow down and stay more up right on sandy surfaces.Unless you have knobbies and in sand/dirt

Sorry to hear you went down Feliks.

Some of the roads in that video looked fun - hairpins. But I can't believe how bad the road surface was in places.

LOL just incase you forgot your suposed to slow down and stay more up right on sandy surfaces.Unless you have knobbies and in sand/dirt

Yeah, I'm a newb. lol Glad I learned to fix shit on my bike or this would be expensive after a while lmao

Thanks bippo, all is good.. it happens! Just glad I went into the shoulder instead of oncoming lanes!

So has the real pain set in yet?

Not so good felix" your on a learning curve eh " :eusa_doh: Glad your ok,, wheres that link of the Off.. :icon_eek:

Bugger I really hate that sound when it hit's the road, scrap graunch and shudder to a stop then you think am I ok YES!! then Oh shit that sounded expensive, still if you can walk to the bike it's usually ok.

Thats a horrible sound mate but glad your ok, guess its back to some more plastic welding then?

Bugger I really hate that sound when it hit's the road, scrap graunch and shudder to a stop then you think am I ok YES!! then Oh shit that sounded expensive, still if you can walk to the bike it's usually ok.

Haha or you slide all the way to the guy wire holding the pole straight (you can see the wire I nailed my leg off of in the video, about 30 feet away from where I went down) - I'm just super glad I had my leathers on!

Thats a horrible sound mate but glad your ok, guess its back to some more plastic welding then?

Thanks man, hand probably ended up hurting the most, jammed my thumb, it's the only thing that still hurts today but could have been so much worse so I'm not complaining! Riding fast around unfamiliar turns... brought this on myself. Still had a wicked fun time the rest of the day! :D

Yeah good thing I know how to fix plastics! :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online