New R1

wilsons
This post is 6797 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

howde mate welcome to the club!!

good choice on the switch :P

mods urm.. aftermarklet exhaust (termigoni doing nice ones), paint job (bit extreme), rim tape from halfords really sets off the bike :) , single seat conversion, really its endless, rear sets, steering damper, new screen, new wheels, new controls, r & g's, carbon fibre!!, power comander, wavy discs, new suspension (ohlins are best for yams seen as yamaha own them!). your choice really, my advice is look at whats available!! for possibilities buy an issue of fast bikes as the writers publish what mosds they have done to their bikes. as well as the "cracking one off" section displaying a heavily modified bike and some very lovely ladies modeling with it ;) enjoy!

Edited by Tomg

Thanks for the info.

I had a scorpion exhaust on the gixer 750 and was quite happy with that....... Would like something a bit different this time, perhaps Akrapovic??? Will have a look at the terminagi (sp) website and see their exhausts.

Have also enquired about power commander, does the power delivery need smoothing out on the R1? Guess i'l find out when some decent riding weather come in.

Regards, Shaun

:welcome: to the Forum Wilsons

When I used to work for a Bike Shop.....I was always checking out the Akrapovic Exhausts......particularly the Titanium model.....Unbelievable how light the whole system is compared to just a standard 4 into 1 header. :blink:

Enjoy that R1 ;)

Thanks for the info.

I had a scorpion exhaust on the gixer 750 and was quite happy with that....... Would like something a bit different this time, perhaps Akrapovic??? Will have a look at the terminagi (sp) website and see their exhausts.

Have also enquired about power commander, does the power delivery need smoothing out on the R1? Guess i'l find out when some decent riding weather come in.

Regards, Shaun

akraporvic exhausts are very nice!! power comander may require dyno jetting, dependant on what model i think.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online