Reg plate knowledge/advice needed

shaun_1990
This post is 3814 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone, need abit of advice on where to get a decent plate made up, this may sound silly but I have ordered 2 off eBay and both are shocking quality.

I'm unsure weather to go for 8x6 or the standard size (so far have ordered standard sizes) but fancy a smaller one now, what are the chances of being stopped & in your honest opinion is it worth the risk??

Would a slogan on the bottom also cause any issue's? Nothing crude but I know technically not meant to have them.

Cheers for any help guys & gals

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Shaun, on here a while ago we had the same discussion about Reg plate design and the consensus was that if you play around with your plate the bobbies can yank your bike off the road, if you look up the sizes for a legal plate on the net and buy that then your golden but if you deviate from that then they can make your life miserable, most bobbies are unsure about bike regs but if you come across the one in a hundred that know about them your up shit creek. Your local motor factors is a good place to get plates made up and they know the rules and regs so that would be my advice as to where to go to get a new one made up. Hope some of that helps? Good luck mate.

it pains me to say it but ! carlines :shakeno: will offer you a small range of legal plates.

if you want illegal plates then be prepared to pay the penalty.

Cheers for all the comments, managed to get one ordered from demon-plates all fitted now thanks for all the help :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online