The saga continues.....

Par62003
This post is 3823 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well after my much detailed rebuild of the engine and inability to get it going it now runs, quite well actually. But then...... Clank, it stopped, didn't sound good, kickstart jammed !

Took side casing off to discover that one of the clutch basket bolts had snapped in its sleeve, sleeve and bolt detached from basket !!

It happened because the pressure plate wasn't seated properly and the whole plate would have been wobbling whilst spinning, something had to give.

So I need a clutch basket now, anyone got one just lying around ?

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Inner only or the whole basket?

Erm, I don't know ? One of the six studs (?) that the bolts go into (the bolts that go through the springs) has snapped. Is the alloy basket permanently attached to the cogged wheel, can they be split ?

Thanks for your reply.

No they are separate, the inner section will spin separately without the plates there to stop it. The outer basket is driven by the engine, the inner transfers the drive into the gearbox. The metal plates lock to the inner, the fibre plates lock to the outer. The spring pressure connects the whole lot together transferring drive.

I may have one kicking about I will have a look tomorrow.

I dont think Ive explained clearly enough which bit is broken, really need to take apicture to explain fully. There are six protruding sleeves that the bolts fasten into, the bolts that hold down the springs, its one of these sleeves that has sheared off.

You explained it enough. You have sheared off one of the spring bolt towers in the inner basket.

Cant repair that, odd thing to happen though.

Yes, thats the word I was looking for, tower, thanks. Thats what has sheared off and initial searching of the net doesn't throw any up. I'll continue to search over the weekend but as it looks at the moment it seems that breaking the bike for parts will be my best option.

What makes it worse is I've got the bike for sale on eBay at the moment, it's up to £400 which is very close to what I want and now I'll have to remove it, damn.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online