HIYA BUSA

NEV
This post is 3643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Read the left hand column on my bikes, you'll see my thumper on there

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well Nev I like your shopping list even I your wife doesn't, but to be honest your going to need to win the lottery to afford all of that or buy SWMBO a nice new EXPENSIVE frock !!!

Well Nev I like your shopping list even I your wife doesn't, but to be honest your going to need to win the lottery to afford all of that or buy SWMBO a nice new EXPENSIVE frock !!!

Just bought her a nice new iron for her birthday on Sunday Slice, thought I'd spoil her a bit and got her an ironing board too, she'll be raight. As for her not liking my list how can she not like the £1400.00 I'm gonna tell her that lot will cost.

Ha Ha Ha you little liar you !!!! Good luck when she finds out, she will say your dinners in the dog and your bed is made up next to your bike. :biglaugha:

If you can get that lot for 1400 quid you should go into business. I bet all up you need another '0' on there. The wheels alone will knock a big hole in a grand.

Cynic, I've just been and bought a Shoe GT AIR lid, cost me £480, told her indoors £280, bit of an umm and an ahh but no real problem, waited for the dozen roses that I ordered from Interflora yesterday for her birthday tomorrow, to be delivered, she loved them, gave her ten minutes then told her the true cost of my lid, Again bit of an umm and an ahh, but not too bad. The big guns were gonna come out tomorrow when she susses shes got £120 quids worth of perfume, for her birthday.

As for the £1400 for my wish list, Slice knows the crack, you have obviously never been an angler, for example when you come back with a pole that costs £1500 quid, she asks how much is that? and you tell her it only cost £800.

Of course the stuff for the Busa will be around £10000, but she's none the wiser bit by bit. Plus she scraped the Lexus on the driveway post the other day, there's a couple of hundred I need to sort out to repair, all week she's felt really bad about that, and that helps too for when you need something costing a few bob.

IMG_1155.jpg

Unfortunately after 25 years my missus can read me like the morning paper.

Like what your doing though, :)

Well after 31 years together, 27 of them married, I wouldn't swap her for the world.

Thats funny Nev every time I fixed something for someone and lets just say it was a 400 job the ex was only ever was told it was a 200 job and parts alway cost 1/2 of the real value if asked.

My excuse for a 800 pole was "well I just caught 200 worth of fish with it so it will pay for it's self in no time" LOL Always buy the pole and go fishing with it before she see's it

Aye true that DT, used to match fish a fair bit, and whenever there was a cash prize, you can guess who was stood there holding her hand out.

you have obviously never been an angler, for example when you come back with a pole that costs £1500 quid, she asks how much is that? and you tell her it only cost £800.

Reminds me of a bloke i used to fly RC planes with, he only ever had red aeroplanes so that his wife thought he had the same plane for the past 25 years :babyha:

Reminds me of a bloke i used to fly RC planes with, he only ever had red aeroplanes so that his wife thought he had the same plane for the past 25 years :babyha:

ha ha, like it.

HAHAHA I have never won a fishing derby ever :eusa_whistle: but my buddy has a nice new Lund Bass boat that I can use when ever I want LOL.

Well was new 10 years ago just before the devorce.

If you can pull off the 10g sneaky build then you are the MAN of the century!

Just wondering Have you ever riden a stock busa? to know what 170+hp is like?

I know just slaping a NOS kit on one is a hand full when you hit the button,, turboing one would be mental..I love the idea of a bike that you could pull the front wheel at 150MPH but the idea of replacing tires every 2000kms is scary and chain life must be short as well.

My buddy had a 89 gsxr1100 turboed back in the day and WOW but I dont think it was making more than 250 hp and that thing scared /impressed the hell out of me.But i was riding a rz350 back then as well so quite the difference.

Also I didnt see a fuel mangment system on the shopping list so add another 1500

Thats Cool just seen the look on peoples face the first time they get off a busa,on the suzuki demo ride last year a guy stoped about a mile down the road and said he wouldn't ride it any farther.He had shown up on a gs500 and was bipping off about how he was going to buy a busa now that he had mastered the 500,couldn't make up his mind to go new or used BLABLA BLA. MY guess he never got it out of 1 st gear and shit his pants,he was gone befor the group got back.

When I bought the bandit it was a coin toss between the the 2 bikes,busa more power,bandit more comfortable,injection vs carbs,tried and tested old motor vs new unkown,bike that feels more like a 600 vs bike that feels like a 1300,visual styling the bandit wins hands down and in 01 came in candy red so the bandit won.

If your going to build it in stages then the stock bottom end is quite cabable of 300hp from what I have read,so would you build the motor first and then add the turbo or turbo and low boost first?

When I bought the bandit it was a coin toss between the the 2 bikes,busa more power,bandit more comfortable,injection vs carbs,tried and tested old motor vs new unkown,bike that feels more like a 600 vs bike that feels like a 1300,visual styling the bandit wins hands down and in 01 came in candy red so the bandit won.

I thought they were far closer than that, I thought the busa was at its base a GSXR1100 waterpumped motor, with what amounted to a 1270kit on top and better carb/injection, stupid gearing etc for flat out speed.

Personally I adored the 1200bandit, the proper early ones before they gave it manners, without a lot of work those motors gave getting on for 150bhp. Rode like a LC with bigger everything.

I 'm surprised nobody yet has mentioned owt about the B-KING which is pretty much a naked Busa

Rode the Bking and yuck the tank is HUGE it feels 2x as heavy as the Bandit and its fugly.Reminded me more of my old 81 gs1100 in the fact that it just didnt want to turn,the c of g feels like its all in the top and front end.The busa is bad enough for handeling compared to the bandit but the bking is way worse.I didn't like anything about it.