The Swamp Donkey

taxi driver
This post is 3822 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, All.

Got an old Yamaha here. It'll run for a minute or two with the fuel lines hooked up. The oiler is missing, and there are a pair of what look like vaccuum ports not connected.

It has parts from a different bike. The muffler is stamped KS-250M not sure if its the correct muffler. The fuel shut-off valve is broken. The frame and some other parts have been sprayed with liquid metal. It's an awful mess.

There is a second which looks the same but has some subtle differences, the second bike is missing the back wheel and some other parts as well but does have an oiler.

I have a younger fella here who really really wants the bike. He'll be doing most of the work to fix it but doesn't have internet.

First question is... what is it? Hard to find parts with no year and not sure about the model number.

Chris

DSCF2188.JPG

DSCF2187.JPG

DSCF2190.JPG

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is it 367? Does that number match the one stamped on the frame? Is it on this list http://www.pure-2-stroke-spirit.info/download/yamaha_model_codes.pdf?

Yep a yam gt 80 I'd say 1976-7 whats the frame numbers? from the steering head.

I think its a 1974 - as the later engines are 393-00001 is GT80A To GT80C - 393-25101

Thanks, Sacha for the pdf. It says 367 on both engines (there are two bikes). I haven't found a number on either frame yet, will look more closely.

PDF says 1973 GTIMX (A) or GTIMX (B).

I don't see anything stamped on the steering head. Both frames are coated in thick black paint.

Now to find parts...

Nice to have matching numbers. :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online