Yamaha RXS Oil leaking from left side case.

Maradnus
This post is 3826 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all

I have a RXS that have recently been leaving a oily mess on the drive, It's not the overflow as I service my carb on a regular basis. Having and old bike means the tanks have shit in them^^ (fuel line filter installed)

The bike runs fine, tho oil is running down the stand/s there is a fair bit of oil built up round the hinge of the side stand. its not a massive oil spill, but none the less its and issue I would like resolve.
There is an oil seal round the front sprocket but for the life of me can't seem to see it in the parts catalogue. They have been known to go from time to time (so I hear) Was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this matter for me?

Bike starts first kick (with choke on colder days) and runs fine, due an oil change too and can't remember how much Oil I need to refill so have been putting it off the last weeks!!! -.- I have my suspicions that it may just be the gunky oil making its way out?
I have replaced the clutch cable recently but can't see that affecting the seals that are in the crank case.

If you have any questions or I have missed something out please ask and ill detail as much as I can.
cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.