Yamaha DT125R Oil Leak! HELP!

Arnis
This post is 3829 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello Everyone!

Im New Here So As I joined got a problem!

On my 2002 yamaha dt125r i have an oil leak out of the left side crank case. i have replaced both side seals but still loosing gearbox oil and leaking it out the other side. It doesnt burn blue smoke it just leaks it all out the left side! it is very frustrating and expensive. Thanks!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, firstly you should post an intro in the new members area to say high. Lot of people wont answer people who don't.

We figure its better than lots of rules on when and what new people can do.

After you have done that you can elaborate on your problem, as in where the oil is coming from on the LH case. Crank seal, output shaft. Gearbox oil from the crank seal is unlikely as it would smoke like a 70's disco. What have you actually changed etc. If that LH seal goes the generally rev till they pop.

Well What i have done to it is; put new seals all round and a new stator plate and gaskets. the oil 100% comes out the lh case. as if i take it off it drops about 1/2 a pint its not clear oil what i put in its blackish, if i may say so. thats all i really know.another thing is that my lh bearing has gone for the cranks but there is no noise just slight movement. that might be it i dont know!

THanks

If the lh crank bearing has gone none of the crank seals will work properly. If you can actually feel the movement they are completely shot and im surprised it runs properly.

Unless you replace the bearings your wasting you time changing seals....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online