2010 r1 with 100k on clock

headkent
This post is 3829 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

folks i have the chance of buying a 2010 r1 with 100.000 miles on the bike,she has full yamaha service history from new and its all motorway miles on the continent and uk the bike appears mint and is owned by a cousin who is light on the throttle any help or feedback would be great thqanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Valve shimming would be only issue at them miles, :eusa_think: ,,any service history,,,

Light on the throttle? So he's never ever red lined it? Never given it a thrashing? Why did he by an R1? If it's done that many miles and not given a blast once in a while I bet the valves and poisons are coked up.

Ok it's a reference to a cage but I'm also a big jap car fan and in the owners Manuel of the Mazda RX7 it states that it must be red lined at least once a month to keep the engine from clogging up with carbon build up.

I'm not promoting speeding or twatish riding (or driving) but if your going to buy a performance vehicle then they need a good thrashing now and then.

Be real, 100000 miles on an R1.

Its shagged, it may look pretty but its done the work of 20 R1's at that age. The running gear will all be worn rotten.

If you really want it it needs to be cheap, real cheap.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online