Hello from BC

This post is 3825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I helped a buddy pick up what looks like a GT-80 from the mid 1970s.

Fuel line was connected to the wrong inlet on the carb. Looks like a pair of disconnected vaccuum tits on the carb. It'll run for a minute or two then quits. Needs everything & has been butchered.

Worth a rebuild?

I'd post photos but the site won't let me.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Taxi guy nice you have a project but say hi first tell us a bit about what you capable of and then post fixem problem in work shop.

Posting pictuers you need a photo bucket or simmilar to link them here.

Anything is worth rebuilding if you want to,but honestly a gt 80 isn't worth more than 500.

:welcome:

Well hello then. My name is Chris. I drive cab for a small cab company in rural British Columbia. Four cars, two mini buses and a very nice shop which is cluttered up with far too many projects. To date I have rebuilt only one engine this small -- an ancient Briggs & Stratton 2kw generator.

I have a bad habit of repairing old junk and then giving it away as gifts or donations to the local church. Mostly computers, cars, and the odd Cooey. For vehicles I prefer diesel. Fav engine is the Mercedes OM617 5cyl turbo diesel.

I am too tall and too old for this little bush bomb, but it sure does look like fun. Model KS-250M. Guess I'll have to start a build thread...

Hi Td" :welcome: That a beautifull part of the world BC, That GT80 shurly not a vacume petcock ? is it the Yellow black mini DT ,

sounds like the pilot jet blocked , as she"l run on choke . then die after a few mins ....

You look like a yung version of Jimmy ,, [ member] :babyha:

• Like 1

Welcome to the YOC Chris, always nice to have new people join in and a project is always fun, if it feels good to you then why not just have a go what's the worst that could happen. :jossun: (Watches wallet slowly dissapear down the drain hole !!!!)

Hi Td" :welcome: That a beautifull part of the world BC, That GT80 shurly not a vacume petcock ? is it the Yellow black mini DT ,

sounds like the pilot jet blocked , as she"l run on choke . then die after a few mins ....

You look like a yung version of Jimmy ,, [ member] :babyha:

Definitely got the wolverine thing going on there

Wolverines! Oh wait, that's a different one.

Welcome Chris!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online