Motoscotland review

Tommy xs
This post is 3688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I know it's been a while but didn't I was supposed to post it here

From a bikers point of view, If you think you know Scotland and you’ve been there done that & bought the T-shirt, believe me you ain’t seen nothing yet! I have been visiting Scotland since the early 80s and this was a whole new experience for me.

Motoscotland, what can I say! What a Fantastic couple of days. Before you even arrive its brilliant, the route from Loch Lomond to Inveraray and its surrounding area is, in my opinion, some of best motorcycle routes in the UK.

I found Clive & his Team to be very welcoming, friendly and professional .The whole setup is very well organised and their knowledge is second to none.

They really know how to let you get the most from the experience and monitor your progress throughout the Day, firstly to make sure your enjoying it and also that it’s challenging enough for your individual skill level. I was on the one day introduction to off roading course originally but decided to add on the second day foundation level, and I was so glad I did.

I went there thinking I already knew most of what we would be learning and maybe also thinking you can’t teach an old dog new tricks. But I was wrong, before I even got on the bike I’d picked up new stuff, like the correct way to mount a bike and how to pick it up off the floor. Whether you’re an avid off roader or a novice like me, you’ll find what you’re looking for here. I would recommend this to any biker, not only as a brilliant couple of days out but an experience you’ll never forget. I came away feeling like I crammed ten years biking experience into two days, I have certainly learned new skills that will enhance my riding and enjoyment of bikes forever.

Day 1 starts at 9am with refreshments, safety brief & getting kitted out, then a short ride up to the quarry for the basic training, well that ‘s what Clive called it, by the end of it, you’re riding through a mud bog with your front brake locked and your throttle open! It gives you an idea that the rest of the day will be exhilarating. After lunch we hit the trails on the 50,000 acre private estate, the scenery is breathtaking, especially in the spring with the snow-capped mountains. The tracks are physically demanding but you can take a break at any time and choose whether or not to take on any of the challenges. For me, the whole day just flew by too quickly, which is why I was so glad I’d booked the second day.

Day 2 is more of the same only ten times better because of the training and confidence you’ve carried over from day 1 this is something I will definitely do again in the future.

This would be a cracking day out or better still two days out with a few mates who share your interest, all you need is a full motorcycle driving licence & preferably textile jacket and trousers. Motoscotland provide everything from boots, body armour , helmet and gloves, to bike insurance and even your lunch (which was also really good and they supplied refreshments throughout the day) I have done track days and other experience days in the past and nothing I’ve done compares to this. If I was scoring this experience out of ten, it would be a twelve!

I would like to thank everyone at Motoscotland for making my visit so special and I look forward to doing it all again.

Tommy xs 2014-03-01122931_zps2a571ab5.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

good write up Tommy, I'm sure I saw their stall at the Manchester Motorcycle show

I'll see if there's any interest on here for a few of us to book it in the summer, would be brilliant as a group

Great write-up, i would be keen tommo" . And i hate that Loch lomond area, not the scenery , but the traffic, too near Glasgow, :eusa_snooty: , best roads are up Ullapool to Durness , Empty , great remote scenery . :jossun:

Great write-up, i would be keen tommo" . And i hate that Loch lomond area, not the scenery , but the traffic, too near Glasgow, :eusa_snooty: , best roads are up Ullapool to Durness , Empty , great remote scenery . :jossun:

Yes John not been up that far yet, will put a post in events & ride outs later and try arrange something for summer, we could also do a tour of west coast/highlands while we're there :hyper:

Sounds great Tommy.

How did you find those big bikes on the muddy stuff?

When i get a unrestricted license, i'll be up for it! (next summer at the earliest).

What bike(s) did you get to try out?

Sounds great Tommy.

How did you find those big bikes on the muddy stuff?

When i get a unrestricted license, i'll be up for it! (next summer at the earliest).

What bike(s) did you get to try out?

they were GS 650 BMW's, on the first day the was a girl who had booked the two day course, she dropped the BM while still on the tarmac she said it was to heavy for her so Clive asked her if she'd like something lighter they headed back and she returned on thisphoto21_zps345f1261.jpg and It did the job, Clive the instructor said it was actually better on some of the tracks just goes to show, women don't always go on size! mind she did only last till we stopped for lunch and informed us she had enough. pitty cos' she was doing really well.

Oh Welshie you only need an A2 motorbike licence whatever that is. The big bike handled really well a lot better than I thought, I did manage to fall twice but its all part of the course apparently

nice Tommy! is it a smaller ttr 125/250?

Good to see that they have a bike for the 'little' people too lol.

Pretty certain it's the A2 that i have! good to know B)

I would say that falling is a very big part of riding in the muddy stuff! Only twice in two days is not bad at all!

Like i keep saying- looks like a bloody good time mate! :jossun:

Clive the instructor said it was actually better on some of the tracks just goes to show, women don't always go on size! mind she did only last till we stopped for lunch and informed us she had enough. pitty cos' she was doing really well.

I went out the other Sunday with a couple of family members that i would say are a bit older then myself....... after i few hours i was done for. Just couldn't keep the bike upright- i didn't throw the towel in mind you, i did keep trying. They could tell that i was fucked though lol and said it was time to call it a day.

i think i need to hit the gym..... and i can see why she might throw the towel in after a full morning of it.

When you say it was a pity because she was doing well....do you mean she was a sexy lady? :eusa_think:

this sounds like magic fun - of theres a get together i would also be keen to go!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online