Dragstar fuel economy

Toutsuite
This post is 3658 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ride out in Kent last weekend, A-roads, a bit of B-roads and a bit of motorway. 62mpg. In town she does about 58-60mpg.

I might be running her a bit too lean, and am worried about increased temperatures in the cylinders as a result.

Time for another re-jet?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Whats was that about 120ish miles to the tank? Before i fitted the sporster tank i was getting about 120 -125 miles before i hit res so sounds about right if thats what you are getting.

Best way to see if shes running too lean is to pull the plugs out and check them, if they are stupidly black and sooty (not the puppet) then its best to down size on your main jets.

No, 60ish mpg means about 175-180 miles to the tank, before hitting reserve. And I'd have to increase the size of the jets.

That's similar to what I get and mine is totally stock.

Shit!

Think i must just like the loud twist grip too much :eusa_whistle:

180 miles before res :eusa_shifty: thats mental

60mpg IN TOWN??!!

Oh no, you poor boy.... how *do* you cope?

Fuck, man, I got 48 on my 650 Drag and the FJ gets 28 on average!!

I get around 61mpg on a daily commute not too bad ey!

60mpg IN TOWN??!!

Oh no, you poor boy.... how *do* you cope?

Fuck, man, I got 48 on my 650 Drag and the FJ gets 28 on average!!

55-60 in town, yes; not in rush-hour traffic mind (that's what the CB500 is for!)

48mpg in town? You must have been razzing the fuck out of the poor thing!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about getting 60+mpg, just a bit worried I might be getting too much of a good thing...

I'll check the plugs as Mr Noisesome advises.

Here's another set of figures for a 2010 XVS650 Classic. Over the passed couple of years I have kept records and averaged 5 L/100K or aprox 56MPG (imperial) mainly country town riding (60KPH or 35MPH). That gives me an average 240K's before I switch to reserve (Aprox 150 miles). If I ride like a grandma then I get better ecconomy but if I try to ride like Joge Lorenzo then I expect less ecconomy.

48mpg in town? You must have been razzing the fuck out of the poor thing!

Well.... yeah.

Bikes are supposed to go fast....!! :D

Fuels there to be burnt so why not let it burn faster??

...and and AND, I hasten to add, I don't ride like some granny! In town or out. Neither do I ride like some lunatic bat out of hell, just somewhere in between. Hmm, boisterously. Yes, that's the word! I ride boisterously!

Is she runnin hot Toutsy" the worst thing could happen is burnt valves, A temp sensor is a great thing , bolts to a spark plug .

Monitor the running temp, while changing jets , and compare,,,

My main run is the 20 mile commute to work, I am out of town in less than 2 minutes and the road to work does not present many overtaking chances so usually stuck at around 50-60mph in constant traffic, then at the other end 5 miles of 40mph with cameras.

Probably why I get a high mpg most of the time, on a couple of longer weekend rides last year I was around 48-50mpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online