Yamaha wr125r wont start

This post is 3843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I recently had a crash on my bike a couple months ago, nothing too serious just went into side of a car that wasn't paying much attention. The bike has been standing a couple months also as not being able to afford to insure the bike. I have been starting the bike up every couple of days over the winter to make sure the bike gets warm. Leave it for about 10-15 mins each time. I have took the bike out today, done about 20-25 miles on the bike. It is blowing a lot of smoke out exhaust and has a lot of black botches on the back of the reg plate and dripping down under exhaust. I have dropped the oil and changed it recently before i was going to ride the bike. Now the bike won't fire up at all. After couple seconds trying the engine oil light comes on. I have read that it might be the spark plug. Which is what im hoping for. While i was riding it i can hear a rattle noise coming from somewhere. Also i have noticed when i was letting bike run while standing a whirring sort of noise from top end of the bikes engine. I am little worried as i know 4 strokes aren't cheap to fix. Sorry for long post just wanted to put as much detail as i could about the bike. I have only had it couple months and only done about 100 miles on it. And i'm not too clever on bikes as this is my second bike, first 4 stroke.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ok, moved you into the dirty part of the forum....

Bikes don't appreciate the start, idle, shut down thing people seem so fond off. The proper thing to do is leave the fuel turned off, plug out and just turn the engine over on the kick or the starter. Your engine will have oil at the cams within 1 or 2 rotations of the crank. Starting and idling the engine puts a lot of oil vapour in the airbox and a lot of moisture in the oil (see where this is going).

Your engine will have been trying to burn the excesses but because it didn't get properly and completely hot, esp the exhaust this hasn't happened.

Now you have taken the bike out and got it hot all that oil and moisture has decided to leave, trouble being there is now a lot of it. So all the smoke and junk out the back and the fouled up plug is from the junk its drawn in. As well as probably choking the air filter.

Im not sure but I think the WR has a tricky oil change procedure. Not just dump out the bottom and pour in. I believe there is oil in the frame and the engine needs to run for a certain time so its hot. Not uncommon. My TDR has 2 drains and has to be filled and run then filled again and run to get the level right. It is very easy to think the level is good and find the gearbox critically low on oil.

Lastly, post an intro about yourself in the new members area. Will get you a lot more help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online