Yamaha XJ6 Diversion overheating

Luis
This post is 3684 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello everyone,I wonder if someone could give me a piece of advice.I did some maintenance on my Diversion today and after leaving it idle for about 15-20 mins I noticed that the water started to boil.I turned the engine off imediately and let it cool down....Now I quess I sould top up what has leaked,but this is my first big bike(water cooled) and frankly I am not sure if I should use destiled water or antifreeze.Please help....

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I guess you had the cap off?

Turning the bike off was actually a bad thing, you should have ridden it round the block then turned it off so the coolant can circulate and protect the motor.

Did the electric fan not start........?

Oh, do an introduction in the new members area. This is moving to the workshop..

The cap was on,so it wasn't the cause.My mate told me that I should check if thermostat is working properly.Can't tell if fans worked cause I was cleaning my 125 couple of metres away and I had the engin running,so couldn't hear even if the fans were working.Thanks for your opinion and will to help anywayCynic.I appreciate that.