Relay Fault?

Robbie
This post is 6670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys buggered up another part of the bike now. :angry:

When I try to start the bike the Relay assembly makes a nasty electrical crackling sound (for want of better words) and there is no compression to be had from the engine.

Could anyone tell me what is likely to be the problem and how much it will be to rectify the problem.

Cheers

Robbie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi guys buggered up another part of the bike now. :angry:

When I try to start the bike the Relay assembly makes a nasty electrical crackling sound (for want of better words) and there is no compression to be had from the engine.

Could anyone tell me what is likely to be the problem and how much it will be to rectify the problem.

Cheers

Robbie

what do you mean "no compression"? how do you think this is connected with the starter?

have you tried bump starting the bike?

what do you mean "no compression"? how do you think this is connected with the starter?

have you tried bump starting the bike?

I sorted it out. Turns out that the battery had lost its charge and because of this the relay was switching on and off quickly. :rolleyes: Have you ever tried to bump start a high compression engine its next to impossible ended up jump starting it with my mates car.

Regards

Robbie

I sorted it out. Turns out that the battery had lost its charge and because of this the relay was switching on and off quickly. :rolleyes: Have you ever tried to bump start a high compression engine its next to impossible ended up jump starting it with my mates car.

Regards

Robbie

ahh you said you had no compression tho' :P

ahh you said you had no compression tho' :P

I didn't as the engine wasn't even turning over. I have compression now thouygh as the battery has charge. :D

Its hard to get your meaning across over this interweb. :P

Regards

Robbie

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online