cafe racer

yammycafe
This post is 3704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. Newbie here. I recently bought a 95 xj600 diversion, mrchanically immaculate, cosmetically......not so much. Anyway I got it for a bargain £100 and saw it as a project so decided to guve it cafe racer styling, its coming along nicely but im struggling to find a new hime for my battery, any help would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

an intro would be appreciated, not a triple freaking copy/paste posting!!

Hi yamycaffe" :welcome: , surf the projects section see if thers a solution, And yeh the forum has been funny latley ,,

• Like 1

Welcome the the forum,

Best thing to do is get a Gel battery as these can be fitted on the sides etc making them easier to fit in stupid places. My mate here at work has built a Suzi Cafe racer to compete in the classic bike races and fitted his battery in the ass end (the bubble behind the seat) along with the very limited wiring he has.

Good luck

Thanks noise. Ive been looking at mounting it under the hump, im going to need to lengthen my cables but cant seem to find what I need. Can u ask your mate how he did this. Gel battery is a good alternative so I will investigate. Thanks for your help

Your best bet with the cables is to make your own, buy about 2-4 meters of battery cable and some conectors and a very good pair of crimps (man size tho) and job is a gooden.

E-bay is the best place to start and finish.

my aplogies if there was an issue with the forum at the time. I was out when it hit.

We get this all the time and peeps seem to think it fine to multipost thinking they will get more responses

No worries it could have also been the app im using. My dads a memeber on here so I know u dont need to post several times to get responces. You guys have a good rep.

Thanks noise, I will source good cabling and crimps and see where to go from there.

Another quick one, if I change to carb air filters will I need to get new jets? Im seing mixed reports?

Aye cafe" try and use the airbox, as pods are the scurge of running probs,, :eusa_doh: , Who"s your dad , user name i mean, :eusa_shifty: