Hello and contacts to revive an RD500LC

knobby01
This post is 3830 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, Just joined the forum as have bought a new project, just got an RD500LC. Got a few problems with it as to be expected. Can anyone suggest a good site for spares please, new or second hand ? Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yow, for an RD500lc. Is it a proper one not an RDZ.

I hope it was either cheap or very nearly 100 per cent because they cost proper money to sort and everything on em is rare or non existent.

Pictures??

Oh, you have heard it run though?

Anyho, is the tap completely buggerd or can it be fixed. If its broke it may be worth seeing if another model is close, Fj11 from 84 maybe.

Thing is those taps are up for 50 to 100 quid on ebay, if you can get one. That's why it may be worth using parts from a similar one to fix yours.

As I said, ANYTHING with RD500 on it goes ching££££££

• 2 weeks later...

Followed that one, went for more than I paid and to be fair looked buggered. Got fuel tap fixed, all running sweet as a nut. Need to get rear brake switch working now but cannot find any pic's as again have a few bits missing.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online