New to the Forum

This post is 3848 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All,

Just joined the forum hoping to get some help with my bike. I am from Colorado, USA. I just got a 1981 DT175 that I was told ran for a while, but stopped running so it was left sitting for around two years. So far I have re-lined the gas tank (was really nasty). Put a new Carb on it. Checked the Coil. The trouble I have found is that I am not getting any spark. I have traced down voltage to the Rectifier and found that it was not letting any juice through. But from what I have heard, it should start w/o the rectifier. Could anyone give me some ideas of where to look next for why I am not getting any spark?

Thanks,

Jesse Zacher

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi jesse" :welcome: is it a points model or CDI,,,,,, lets get a spark here first,, or power to cdi. clean ALL connections,, then move to coil, then trim the lead, - new plug,,, :yeah:

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online