Parts needed fast!!

GrumGrum
This post is 3838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

does anyone know where to get parts at next day delivery?

On my crank case the flat head plug snapped out for some reason. Tried http://www.yamahamotorcyclespares.co.uk already and they are saying it could take from 10 to 30 days, but I use the bike every day lol

Any help would be great part numbers are

fits: Yamaha

OEM number: 90340-14153

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xvs650rrc-2003_model11209/plugstraight-screw_9034014153/#.UxzVM158wY0

fits: Yamaha

OEM number: 93210-14369

http://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-xvs650rrc-2003_model11209/o-ring-2h9_9321014369/#.UxzVql58wY0

Thanks guys - any help would be great

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cool thanks will give them a call tomorrow, looked online looks like they may have to order the part in. Going to keep looking through eBay etc just in case I find something I can get by tuesday :)

can you just stick a cork/rubber bung in there temporarily?

what about a bike breakers, try and find how many different bikes the part will fit , then ask if they break those bikes

Mr fastner or similar prob do one. They would next day.

Drewpy - I didnt think of that! Damn Ill go buy a bottle of wine for the misses tonight, kill two birds with one stone, will have a look into breakers today too :D

Thanks cynic, will look into those too

got the parts finally, was pretty quick compared to some places though!

Quick question on the timing cover bolt, is there a specific torque strength I need to set it too I don't want to break this one!

got the parts finally, was pretty quick compared to some places though!

Quick question on the timing cover bolt, is there a specific torque strength I need to set it too I don't want to break this one!

Sorry I did check my haynes service manual and online but nothing popped out and thought I should check first (I think its plastic :s)

+1 with Airhead use a large coin and just tighten it just past snug, people have a tendency to over tight them and then they are a PITA to get back off. And you always have a coin in your pocket to check it if you think it's loose.

cool thanks guys, fingers crossed wont be loosing that again!

Yer just a little nip up and its should have a little rubber O ring on it to stop the oil coming out when your riding a long. if you wanna give it that little bit of stay in power then a very small drop of pink lock tight will do the trick.

Every time I see this thread in the New Posts list, I keep misreading it as "PANTS needed fast!!" :lol:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online