Boyesen Reeds for a Yamaha DT 125 RE?

This post is 3854 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I'm getting myself another DT soon (31st March - 17th birthday), this time it'll be a road legal one, had my first DT 125 at 13 and have been in love with them ever since. got a £2000 budget, just looking for a decent one, not many around.I'm planning to do a few mods to it, with about a £600 budget. I've been told about Boyesen Power Reeds but strugging to find them for the DT 125 RE in the uk, they'll have to be imported from America. My question is, what difderence will they make to the performance, is there a site where I can get them in the UK without them being imported, and are they easy to fit? Never done bike mechanics before, just basic stuff here and there... I don't really want to be paying shop labouring prices, (£50 an hour my local shop) so I'm hoping to learn a few things along the way with this bike. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Doubt you will notice tbh.

Get yourself a manual, even before you get the bike as it will help you know the language.

Give it a good service, air filter etc. Make sure the brakes are not dragging, tyre pressures.

That will stop you wasting hp, which is what most people do. Then spend some of that buget on good kit as a warm comfortable rider is ALWAYS faster.

Then search for some of the go faster threads on here for dts. You can get a bit extra but you need a solid bike under you first.

The biggest performance gain to any vehicle, is wieght loss, either yoursell or the vehicle. just watch Top gear, they have humungus BHP, but if its hauling 2 ton. make little difference to perfomance,, :eusa_snooty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online