xvs 650 brake disk allen bolts

Toutsuite
This post is 3735 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

does anybody know what size the bolts that keep the disk on the wheel are? Mine are starting to look badly corroded and I'd like to replace them with some nice shiny stainless steel ones. I can take one off of course and measure it, but maybe someone here knows already?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I 'think' (dont quote me) they are an M10 or an M12 with a 1.25 pitch.

Just take it off you lazy git :biglaugha:

If using stainless for brake parts make sure its the right grade. Some cheap stainless can be very brittle.

Yup as he says, you need to check the grade of them, if they are allen head then setscrews tend to be grade 10.9 or 12.9 so are high tensile, stainless will not meet the proof load required, they should have a head mark that tells you the grade.

I work in fasteners so if you need any more info please ask.

You can get them but they are an alloy. Semi stainless if you like.

Strength of tensile steel and very (but not completely) corrotion resistant.

Well thanks for all the crucial info lads! I guess I'll stick to a new set of OEMs, to be on the safe side. These ones have lasted this long, so I'm sure I'll be alreet!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online