spraying my belly pan

joe.b
This post is 3747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys

got myself an xj6n im somewhat tarting up and looking to get the headlight cowling and belly pan(the standard factory fit black one) colour matched.

my concern is the belly pan and whether the paint job will last..

its a pearl white paint so gonna cost me £100 to get done so don't want to spent that much money if if its just gonna get pitted and destroyed by debris after 6 months

,anybody had a belly pan sprayed before? did it stand up to the rigours of the elements??

....cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Why don't you use that stuff they spray on to car sills and front bumpers that keeps stone chips and such like off? Sorry to say can't remember the name of it but it's got to be out there somewhere, my mate had it done and the coating was always slightly fluid and any scratches were covered over in a couple of days as it spread back after being damaged, you can either over spray it or get it in the colour of choice, as I say sorry can't remember the name of it. Probably something like stone chip protector !!!

Just had another thought on this try PLASTI DIP on google their paints are guaranteed not to be damaged and are waterproof.

cheers guys..

I've had a chat with the sprayer who says he's done belly pans etc before but im wondering how long the paint job is gonna last coz I think in reality id rather have no paint job rather than a chipped to buggery one.

although I think it'll set the bike off lovely...hmmm!!!

That's a good idea Joe, put up a photo when your done to let us see how it comes out.

not sure about pennies, but done properly it should last quite well.

bonus is you can get any decals in there from the get go

I've carbon fibre vinyl wrapped a couple of panels on the bike already dewpy and to be fair they've come out quite good,cost me about 5 quid for a 300mm x 1.5m size roll.

I've done a few little touches here and there to the bike now,just got my rear hugger from Simpson detour to fit and it's almost finished.

I'll get pix up when it's had a good clean :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online