dtr power valve question

dsb2014
This post is 3755 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

today's the day im setting up my power valve.A quick question before i start wen the exhaust off should the valve be flush (so the ports open as far as it can be and the holes big) or should it be turned fully (so the ports smaller) and the hole is small as it can be ????

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Depends on the model. Some are set shut some open.

You normally use a peg to pin the valve to adjust the cables. The powervalve system does the rest.

align the 'U' cutout in the pulley and the 4mm blind hole in the cyl head (this should happen after the cleaning cycle) turn off the key. Now the PV should be fully open...exhaust port nice and smooth right to the cylinder

ive had the barrel off now its on again. I need to let the servo clean with out the cables on then make sure the pv is a open as it can be smooth to the port once the servo clean pin the pulley and adjust the cables so theres no play on the pulley what so ever sorry to seem dumb just making sure its done right

ive had the barrel off now its on again. I need to let the servo clean with out the cables on then make sure the pv is a open as it can be smooth to the port once the servo clean pin the pulley and adjust the cables so theres no play on the pulley what so ever sorry to seem dumb just making sure its done right

Whatever you do, ...dont stress the servo by over tightening the cables

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online