help dt125r

dsb2014
This post is 3738 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

come across a problem now tho its only having a day time only MOT so its litrally only got ignition,CDI ,kill switch, servo and regualator/rectifier last but not least coil but this is where my problem is i had a few sparks n the plug so i puts it down for dinner and returned to my brother in law soldeing the wires onto the coil now it wont spark?????. im thinking hes held the soldering iron on to long and the internals of the coil have undone where they been soldered?????.

im going to replace the coil tommorow but wanted some advice on it before i do ive seaced online for ideas but i dont have a clue how to use a multi meter. there must be a easier way to test a coil lol??

wen i turn the ignition the servo spins as normal so im assuming the CDI is working.

id really appreciate some help ahhhhhh lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi " the power valve spins on startup every time, its a cleaning action, Have you a manual, ? the coils are tested by Ohms ,

If you need basic skills , click on you tube , lots videos about multi meter readings and testing..

Why was he soldering , was there a wire missing,, :eusa_think:

Here ,,,, test your coil.

i have ordered a new coil it turned up today. any way ive manage to get a spark of it but only if its earth on the regulator. ive tryed it mounted earth,straight from the battery,wired it to earth in the loom and nothing the only place as i say is wen its touching the regulator. its annoying me now i have also put a new plug in. any ideas fellas would be appreciated :spin2:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online