hi all newbie in the house

dsb2014
This post is 3745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

as above new here booked i for a long stay so hope im gonna enjoy. i have a yamaha dt125r 2002 bee a project ive been doing for abit now. come across a problem now tho its only having a day time only MOT so its litrally only got ignition,CDI ,kill switch, servo and regualator/rectifier last but not least coil but this is where my problem is i had a few sparks n the plug so i puts it down for dinner and returned to my brother in law soldeing the wires onto the coil now it wont spark?????. im thinking hes held the soldering iron on to long and the internals of the coil have undone where they been soldered?????.

im going to replace the coil tommorow but wanted some advice on it before i do ive seaced online for ideas but i dont have a clue how to use a multi meter. there must be a easier way to test a coil lol??

wen i turn the ignition the servo spins as normal so im assuming the CDI is working.

id really appreciate some help ahhhhhh lol

cheers dsb

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi dsb" take this question to the workshop section,, as this could run on , and this is the intro section ... easy fix . :welcome: