2013 XJ6 Diversion F - Bar end mirrors and what to do with existing mirrors

BrokenArrows
This post is 3760 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm considering putting bar end mirrors on my Diversion F .

Something like this:

478510205_o.jpg

However after I take off the existing mirrors (I haven't don't it yet) I assume there is going to be a hole in the fairing.

You can see how the mirrors are placed in this pic. http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images/moto_gallery/YAMAHAXJ6DiversionF-4421_4.jpg

Any suggestions on how to fill this hole? Id obviously like it to look good.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any suggestions on how to fill this hole? Id obviously like it to look good.

Personally, I'd see if there's anything I could mount on the brackets instead. Something like running lights maybe.

Personally, I'd see if there's anything I could mount on the brackets instead. Something like running lights maybe.

I hadn't thought about putting something in their place because the reason for taking the mirrors away is because I want to make the front more flush.

Although now that you have mentioned it I might look into it.

Make some flat adapter plates that will fit flush over the 2 holes. They might be available as an aftermarket part for your bike. If not, they can be made easily enough.

I'm sure I could make them but its the "looking good" part I may fail at. lol.

I've had a google but cant find anything. Any suggestions on where to look to see if they are available?

You could also get something like this: http://www.oxford-shop.co.uk/item3697.htm

And then stick an LED in the remaining hole using a waterproofed wiring assembly. Nice, but discrete running lights that would show up well at night.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online