tzr tyre size

jonnytzrroberts
This post is 3863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

130x70 is on mine, I'm surprised your chain isn't catching your 150

Dont bother with the 140, fit the right tyre. Big rear tyres really fuck the steering making it heavy and slow. Giving less grip in to the bargain.

If your on stock rims with a stock front go with a stock tyre. They will easily go far enough for knee downantics on stock stuff why ruin it.

If you must upsize the rear match it to the front at least. Remember the height of the tyre too.

Sounds too big for a 125 TZR, 120 is more like it.

Edit ------100x90x18 rear, 90x90x16 front...

Early TZR wheels (1987) 2RK, (1989)3PC1 were 185x16" front, and 215x18" Rear,

Later TZR wheels (1990)3PC2, (1991)3PC3 were 215x17" front,and 250x18" rear, according to the TZR manual anyroad.

The last TZR for the UK market was made in 1995 was the 4HW3 which I'm presuming yours is?

Be a smart move to find out. If it is a bitsa and your ins thinks its box stock. Then your stuffed if something goes wrong.

lol bitsa this bitsa that

Bitsa this bike, bitsa that bike to make this one.

Like triggers broom. My dt is the same. Early frame, home made loom, late rear end, engine from? Wheels are its 3rd set. Still looks like a dt though, even though its prob only half the original parts.

My tdr though is box stock. Even the rack is the original option.