Xj900f 1988 vin number location

Peter2ltr
This post is 3855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi recently bought an old xj900f it has a powdered coated frame and wondering where the vin number ment to be on 1988 frame!

Am I right in thinking that these had a plate or were they all stamped on the headstock! It's for its mot I take it will have to be visible for its test thanks pete

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers drewpy I thought it was a plate somewhere there abouts!

I'm right in thinking I will defetly need a visible one for its mot!

Pete

yes you do!

Am I correct in saying engine and frame numbers match! Because I did a vin check against my reg and used the engine number and it came back correct!

Basically my problem is iv only got the new keeper slip as the previous owner sent the v5 away and I noticed when I was looking over it I couldn't find a vin plate/number it's was bought as a little project no mot or tax fix it up and use it for work! It had a lot of wiring problems and ran abit ruff but fixed them in a few evenings and now its ready for a mot! Sent the prev owner a txt to ask if he had sent the docs away he replied not yet! And don't really want to wait up to 6 weeks before I can mot it and start useing it! I recon it must of been moted in its current state as the powder coating isn't new maybe a few years old!

they tend to match, although due to age, engines can get replaced.

I would ask the MOT station before you book n, then they give you advice and you know where you stand

did that for my tracker, just to make sure and its passed every time there

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got it moted I spoke to the mot tester before and he advised me to put a little vin plate on so I did and it past so I'm a happy chappy!

Why are there brakes so crap! tryed everything to stop the front from slightly binding full strip down cleaned greesed and a change of master cylinder and it ended up slightly better and still got an advisory on slight binding! Bloody things

Pete

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online