oil in spark plugs

3pedalpusher
This post is 3870 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Just swapped out the plugs that were in the bike when I bought it last spring. The ones I pulled were soaked with oil. I am new to the world of 2 strokes. With the new plugs in, the left cylinder wasn't getting much power. Exhaust from that cyl wasn't getting hot at all. I did just order new plug wires. What things should I start looking for as the cause of the fouled plugs?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well if it's not firing then you will get fouled plugs it's that simple if the new HT leads don't fix the problem then you need to be looking at the coils to see if they are ok, best to check all the ignition wiring while your in there and make sure that all the connectors are tight. There are some 2 stroke God's on here who will tell you chapter and verse about your bike and know doubt have a fix for you up their sleeves, but might I suggest that you do an INTRO in the new members section first as some folks are reluctant to answer questions from one hit wonders, we get a lot on here who just ask a question and are never heard from again not even a thank you just rock up fire out what they need and gone. Good luck getting your bike running. :jossun:

Number 1, ultra important, esp on old strokers.

The plugs in the bike, swap em round, put the good plug in the bad cyl. I suspect the problem will go, or at worst swap sides.

Plugs are THE biggest problem on 2 strokes. ALWAYS have a couple of replacements and keep KNOWN good plugs after a change for times like this and in your pocket when out on a ride. So many 2 stroke faults are just a petulant plug.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online