Bringing Her Back to Life

rzresurection
This post is 3481 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ill have to read this later on when im home from work, gotta grab a cuppa tea and a ginger nut bicky before i start to read that one :spin2:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow what a trip so far! I know you've been busy but geeze, just weren't happy eh? lol Change one thing...gotta do another...then another... I know how that goes.... starting to get there myself but I'm pretty happy with "close" to stock, but still gotta have your personal touches. There won't be another bike even CLOSE to yours on the road though, that's gotta be pretty cool! Well...if it ever gets on the road. :D :D

Wow what a trip so far! I know you've been busy but geeze, just weren't happy eh? lol Change one thing...gotta do another...then another... I know how that goes.... starting to get there myself but I'm pretty happy with "close" to stock, but still gotta have your personal touches. There won't be another bike even CLOSE to yours on the road though, that's gotta be pretty cool! Well...if it ever gets on the road. :D :D

Thanks. A lot of frustration along the way.

I wasn't happy with the skinny little tires. I wanted some 17" rims - better selection of rubber. I should have stick with a 160 on the rear. I wouldn't have had to cut the frame and would have been done by now. I just wanted to exercise some fab skills - how stupid that was looking back now.

It's a Heinz 57. Got a little I've every Jap manufacturer in it now. Mostly Yamaha, but a little watered down now. Lol

'... If it ever gets on the road'. That's what I'm totally afraid of. It almost killed me not riding last year.

It's good that you're around. Seeing you moving forward on your 600 keeps me motivated.

It will be a one of a kind. I'm looking forward to having people stopping me and saying 'dude your bike is smoking' - and me laughing. People don't know what a 2 stroke street bike is these days, that's why it's imperative I get this girl back on the road and have some fun.

It's like having a workout buddy to keep you motivated, except we do it all for the bikes haha :D

At some point you have to stop modding and start riding the thing! lol It's all coming together now though... kids are getting older and maybe you'll have more time! :D

I'm done the modding - except rear signals - which arrived today. They are freakin bright. Whelan TIR3's. WOW. Gotta do some figuring how I want them mounted.

I have to secure the rear brake caliper and rebuild the engine. Other than that, it should be mechanically completed. Oh, need my new windscreen too and some paint.

Getting there.

Hey rz might want to redo your wiring connectors and use non insulated spades with heat shrink .Neater and added bonus they are less prone to the damp,IMO but its a great read cant wait to see the video when its finished.

IMG_7198.jpg

I'm done the modding - except rear signals - which arrived today. They are freakin bright. Whelan TIR3's. WOW. Gotta do some figuring how I want them mounted.

I have to secure the rear brake caliper and rebuild the engine. Other than that, it should be mechanically completed. Oh, need my new windscreen too and some paint.

Getting there.

Told you they were bright! :D

Oh and this...oh and this...oh and this.... haha

Got em mocked up. I've added the bullet connectors on the ends. I was thinking about installing a switch to the +12v. This will enable me to change the flash pattern at the push of a button.

C1A15BF4-81F4-448F-AB36-C59BFA4A47C0.jpg

Those fit really nicely! I'd leave the standard flash on for your signals (so just hook up the 12+ constant on those TIR3's) and then add another switch & relay so you can have them strobe when you want to! Say if you were pulled over on the side of the road for an emergency..or whatever.

Yeah man! I was thinking about doing that with my LED tail light - I have a couple sho-me LED flashers lying around that I could hook up to the tail light.... would be good to have just in case.

Looking smart man, not sure if its the casing or the angle of the pic but has some of the paint wrinkled up? i hate it when it done it on my frame! even tho you clean all the parts you always get that one contaminated bit you miss :madflame: