Biker head-on into HGV...!!!

Ttaskmaster
This post is 3877 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Blimey...

http://home.bt.com/lifestyle/motoring/motoringnews/biker-survives-headon-collision-with-truck-11363871648307

Well...

When the 2nd bike appears, he was *just* outside the apex of the corner. He then swings wide and leans hard over, which is something I see a lot of Thames Valley IAM riders doing. Something about maximising visibility round the bend... Never been a fan of it myself.
It looks like he then got a bit of target lock, either on the "Lorryist*" or that 'pothole' and as he's already leaning hard as he hits it, utterly loses the bike.

Very hard luck, but I can't believe he'd try and sue the driver. The poor chap wasn't doing anything wrong, that I could tell.
Incidentally, that is not a 'pothole', that's wider than our sewer manholes!!

*Lorryist? Never heard that one before... Sounds like someone who discriminates against heavy goods vehicle drivers solely on the basis of their chosen profession!!

Your thoughts, gals and guys?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I watched this a couple of days ago on another website and first thing I thought was "WHAT A DICK" to fast and doing what you should never do trying to keep up with his mate, ride at your own speed not someone else's, there was a pothole but nothing major about it and truth be told he was lucky the LORRYIST? didn't squash him flat, I did wonder about the final moments where he put's his foot down just before he bin's it, if perhaps he might be a new rider rather than a total prick, not sure about that but either way his own fault and glad the driver had a camera on his truck, that's why I have one on the bike.

PS did you see the comment from ANGELA below the video? What a cow, only she it seems is allowed to drive on the roads and only she is good enough to have an opinion on how to ride, F++K me I do not want to meet her out on the roads. :madflame:

PS did you see the comment from ANGELA below the video? What a cow, only she it seems is allowed to drive on the roads and only she is good enough to have an opinion on how to ride, F++K me I do not want to meet her out on the roads. :madflame:

I try not to read the comments on such things, as I'm tempted to track the retards down and show them what the real world is about...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online