can you attach a L plate to the bottom of your reg plate using cable ties?

nathan123c
This post is 3733 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sure you can. Just need to drill two holes near the bottom of the reg plate.

Here's how my 125 was- it passed its MOT like this. Also never got pulled over for it.

wa0y.JPG

Please head on over to the new members section to post an intro, you will get far more replies like that :jossun:

Congrats on passing your CBT. I only just got my full license December past and loved the previous year riding my xvs125, I'm sure you can't wait to get that first bike out on the road, not much beats riding.

When I rode last year under my CBT I drilled two holes into the bottom of my reg plate and attached the l-plate with some plastic nuts and bolts. I imagine that as long as you've got the l-plates clearly on display and securely in place front and back you're unlikely to attract the wrong attention.

I worried like a loon that the cops would stop me when my l-plate broke off last September, best thing that could have happened though, because It got me taking lessons to get the full license

4267503630_f56bae0d27_b.jpg

Want to look as gorgeous as Marie Fredriksen from Roxette does in the picture above?

Then buy the 'L-Plates With Fittings' kit for a few squid here:

http://www.whitedogbikes.com/item--Screenflow-Rigid-Motorcycle-Scooter-L-Plates-with-Fittings--Rigid_L_Plates_And_Fittings.html

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm whats on her thigh, Foamy isnt stage left is he.

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online