FZR600 poss. bent frame

rodsatheart
This post is 3686 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Help !!!!
I need a favor. I think my frame is bent.
I need the distance from the top front of the neck to the large main cross brace above the swing arm bolt. (appx. 1.25 diameter tube).
Should be around 27 13/16 (27.8125) inches or 706.4375 mm.
Went to test fit the tank cover and does not fit with the upper fairing bracket on. Top of frame appears to be short above the engine.
Installed engine cradle and they are low and forward of the rear bolt holes.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh, and here's the kicker. With the mirror stay off the tank cover locating tabs are perfectly center and aligned with the cover. If there is a bend it appears to be forward of the locating tabs.

Ya I know, but I am two hours away from anything major. Talked with John at Dr. Johns in Anaheim and it's not financially feasible for me to send it somewhere to have it strightened, so I'm looking for a good non-salvage title frame.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. bit the bullit and got another frame. Hunted for awhile and found one with clean vin. Doing preassy. What mounts the rear of the fuel tank to the frame ? I show the I need to get the pad that goes between the tank and cover and seat brkt, but doesn't show anything else. A picture would be really great.

Thanks

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online