1979 DT 125 Changing Cylinder Head to 175?

Surfrat25
This post is 3887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in awhile! I had a couple of questions about my 1979 DT 125. There are rumors that I can add a 175 head and pistons to a 125 to make the cc go up. Is this a possible thing to do?

- Change cylinder head from a 125 to a 175? What does this take to do and will it kill the bike overall? Anything helps!!

Cheers!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip" :yeah: i done it last year, needed= barrell [ 171cc stamped on side] matching head, piston/ pin/ and smal lend bearing, the small ends and pin are not interchangable, exhaust is same , carb jets need to change main to 150. pilot to 30 , it may be 30 in yours older dt125 was20, its a case of see how she runs.. :jossun:

Oh gaskets are bigger, base head,,

And will not kill her, [ same bottom end and stroke] vast improvement in power, and will pull 65mph easily, the clutch has 1 plate less on DT125 = ,,, may slip. at high rpm gearchanges,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online