YAMAHA YZF 600 Thundercat

GemmaCauson
This post is 3885 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi. I'm Gemma, I'm trying to fire fight a problem with my husbands motorbike. I bought it for him as a birthday present but it doesn't run consistently and keeps randomly cutting out. The previous owner says the following about the bike:

The solenoids were replaced as well as the ignition barrel to resolve a cutting out problem which turned out to be something to do with the alarm so then a new alarm was fitted and apparently the bike was fine...

There does nit appear to be a pattern to the bike cutting out but it literally just randomly dies, when at high speed, slower speeds and even stationery but it immediately starts up again and rides then could be fine or could continuously cut out.

Can anyone help please, I really worried that the bike is dangerous.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi gemma" :jossun: sounds like an electical fault ok, and its the worst kind -intermitant . personally ,i would get the imobilizer disconected alltogether, then see what happening,,

Hi Gemma Welcome to the YOC, as above your best bet is to isolate the alarm/imobiliser and see if that cures the fault if not then come back and we can walk you through various other options till it behaves.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online