tires

lallasro
This post is 3887 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey guys!

this year I will change my tires. I already have 8500 miles with the old tires. those are dunlop and right now after 8500 miles I have 2,5-3 mm in front and 4mm on the back . now, my question is: any other recommendation? I had no problem with those dunlop but.. maybe is something better?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

8500 miles on a set of motorcycle tires sounds pretty damn good to me! Actually I've been looking at new tires and have been looking at the Dunlop GT501's, read good reviews from lots of happy customers....so with your post about how long yours lasted makes me think I'm making a good choice! :D

Yeh lallasro" usually the rear tyre wears first, :eusa_think: i see you still have 4mm, is this because cruisers are heavy on front end.

And am going to try MAXIS this year, saw trade stand at Birmingham show,, the look good and have many sizes ,

My front tyre wears more than the rear too - I put it down to braking and not releasing the raw power so as not to do burn outs!

Avon Venoms.

19,000 miles when last I checked and there was so much tread still left I thought I was staring into the Grand Canyon!!

I always use Bridgestone BT45s

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online