DT125 LC mk3

Superduper
This post is 3863 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So this is it current condition.

I'm hoping to start dismantling it soon. Just got to make some space in the garage to store all the bits.

It was left outside for a year so everything is rusted and seized.

Engine seems to be seized too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Learnt something new today! I've collected a few DT's which are in varying states of restoration.. queued up in the warehouse at work.

I own a 1986/C DT125LC Mk 2.. I've the same colour scheme as you BUT mine has the drum front brake which denotes its a Mk 2 BUT the same rear end as your Mk 3.... Yamaha knew how to make things complicated... Cheers & good look with the project. Looks like lots of tins of WD to me!

I soaked everything in WD40 the other day. A lot of colour came back to the paint and it looks a lot better already!

I ordered a large can of Plusgas that I read is really good for seized bolts. So when that arrives (hopefully Monday) I'll give everything another coating!

It's currently stored at work, I'll get it home one day this week and start taking it apart!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Wow!

No money, a baby, and bike in that shape. If you're serious about doing a decent job - I give you 5 years.

I'm generally an optimist, but I'm struggling not to feel crushed by the amount of work you have ahead of you.

I'm in the home stretch of my project now. I've lived thru building a bike under your circumstances - minimal project money a small baby, life, distractions.

All I can say is keep at it! It will be YOUR distraction and salvation. You'll cherish the moments you can steal away and do some work on it.

Good luck my friend!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online