Centre stand Dolly/Mover ??

slice
This post is 3745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok people I would like your input please, I have the FJ and the XJ both of which are to say the least a bit heavy, the XJ weighs in at 220 kilos or 500 lbs and I am not as young as I used to be so find it difficult heaving these monsters about, I would like to get one of these mover things that you slide under the centre stand but can't decide if it should be the long side stand one or the smaller centre stand design. Have any of you got one of these and which is best, not really concerned about the cost, within reason, but more the ease of movement but I'm not to sure about using the side stand method as it puts a lot of strain on the mounts and I have never been a huge fan of side stand use over centre stand on really heavy bikes, if it was a little 125/250cc thing I would not bother but moving these things in my garage is getting a bit wearing on my already damaged back!! Any help or advice appreciated especially if you have one hanging in your garage that you don't use anymore!!!

There is also some talk about it being difficult to get the bike on the centre stand with one of these things due to it moving the centre of gravity as the height is compromised by having the dolly under the stand making it awkward to get the bike up over the tipping point. Has anyone had this and can you get over it easy or does it make it not worth bothering with. Thanks all :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

There is also some talk about it being difficult to get the bike on the centre stand with one of these things due to it moving the centre of gravity as the height is compromised by having the dolly under the stand making it awkward to get the bike up over the tipping point. Has anyone had this and can you get over it easy or does it make it not worth bothering with. Thanks all :jossun:

I can see this being a problem, I had similar issues a while back when I lowered my bandit for my daughter to use it, I was much harder to put on the stand then!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online