chain came off need help ASAP

dtluke
This post is 3893 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ok. well im ordering the new sprokets now if that doesnt cure it i will opent the bottom end. take it i will need to replace 2nd and the binding gear to it? how would i go about checking gear selector or anythink else prob wont be that as stays in gear ok.

ill just see what the outcome is with new chain and sprockets should be here within 2 days. was thinking of selling the thing soon as well just booked in for mot i have done nothink but spend and maintain this bike just get it running perfect then slap an new adventure headache lol anyone no if my cylinder head will work with the older mod bottom end(kickstart model) might look out for 1?

thanks anyway apprectiated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I dunno about using an older DTR engine, thing is...your CDI/PV controller will be for the RE model so I dont know what hoops you'll have to jump through to get that to work unless the magneto base plate from the RE happens to fit the older motor. I'm sure it must have been done before though by someone

The black bit is to save the cases from the chain when it comes off and keep the chain in line when the chain loose.So it did it's job!!

You would have had less dammage if the chain had broke.Should have checked the chain tension before that ride it goin to cost you now. For 5 min of work before the ride you could have save yourself a day worth of work.

The clicking noise is most likely part #6https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/special-pages/model.aspx?brand=4&type=13&year=352716&model=352761&part=352789 is bent or the clip on here

#7 is bent. From the shock of sudden stop something had to give.

The bottem end isn't hard just need the puller for the flywheel/mag and snap ring pliers.It's a bit fiddely to get the tranny all back in as it all goes in at the same time ,shift forks shaft input and output shaft.

Someone here just did it not so long ago and posted alot of pictuers of the tranny and how they used rubber bands to help install the tranny

Thing is once in there you might as well do the bearings and seals and then it starts to add up quick.