Yamaha DT175 question with photos of my bike.

fawzi963
This post is 3899 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello guys, recently I have purchased a 1980 Yamaha DT175.

So I wanted everything to be legit interms of maintaince and ownership so I downloaded the owners manual.

As I was reading through I reached the page that mentioned the 'Machine Identification'. So since I'm pretty sure my bike is a DT175, the manual says to check the serial which is stamped on the right hand side of the headstock assembly which is also the same number on the engine. So if its a DT175 it should start with 2A7-XXXXXX and if its a DT125 it starts with 2A6-XXXXXX.

So I went and checked my bike for the codes.

Neither the frame nor the engine showed a code close to what is listed in the manual.

Code on engine and frame is: 3G6-004181 but code on exhaust shows: 2A6-14610

Please help me with whats happening here!

And oh, photos do appear when I insert them here but after I post this topic they disappear, anyone knows why?

Thanks in advance!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For posting photos you'll have to open a photobucket account upload your photos there then copy and paste the IMG tag to your posts here.

Your bike is a DT175F 1979, they are the same as DT175MX but the MX wasnt id used in every country, for example USA had 175E, F, G and so on, must be the same for Greece

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online