YBR 125 not Started Help

Doomsnite
This post is 3821 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, haven't run it since buying it last week, go out this morning and didn't start on first button press. Turned it off and tried again and it started. Continued to start a few more times throughout the morning whilst I was checking & topping up the oil and before I went out for a ride. I managed to put a little too much oil in so it went above the max marker slightly.

Now, during the ride, went to the garage to check the tyre pressure and when I pulled up, i put the side stand on with the engine running so it cut out. Did the tyres and went to start up again and wouldn't start. Tried a few more times and each time the starter was struggling more and more. I left it for a while and just sat there thinking about starting to walk it to the nearest mechanic in town when I thought about jump starting. So walked with it and let the clutch out and it started - almost run away from me but managed to grab it. Rode home but noticed when stopped at a few lights, the revs were dipping on idle a bit.

Left it for an hour and tried to start again a min ago and wouldn't start. Tried to kick it over and didn't start either so now wrapped it up again and looking for help for what to do. Only things I noticed were different to normal are:

too much oil
engine stopped with kill switch on side stand before it wouldn't start again

TLDR - electric and kick start doesn't start engine, symptoms sound like when my battery is low/dying in my car but it had just been running minutes before

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Remove battery charge and test,check levels of fluid top with distilled water if needed.

If posible check voltage to battery with bike running.

Fliuds of the batery and yes a battery can work as long as the bike is running but not hold a charge once the alt stop running. And discharge to the piont it takes all the power from kicking the bike over.

Just wondering dont they go ove any of this stuff in high school auto 101 anymore or just want everyone to ride the bus?

have you got the bike home?

Have you got a charger?

BTW, putting the side stand down when the bike is 'in gear' WILL cut the engine, it's a safety feature so you cannot ride with the stand down and maybe come to grief on the first left hand bend you come to.

30+ years from high school for me from auto 101 shame they dont teach these simple things anymore or make manditory surely would save people tons of cash over thier life!..............,but hey!! NMP... check the charge of the battery after it sits for a hour or so if below 12.9 and you hit the start button and drops to not then it's done.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online