In need of help please.

Noise
This post is 3903 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well what a night that was! Pissed off is slightly an under statement to say the least.

Started off by getting the throttle grip sorted (now running a single pull cable) then moved onto putting the clutch lever on. Connected it up pulled it and it just stayed pulled in, didn't return?? So checked to see if I run the cable wrong but it's fine not pinched or nothing. So looked at the lever that's on the engine and it's popped up and is as limp as a dead dog.

Stuck it in gear and pulled the clutch then turned the prop shaft and the clutch dose not disengage.

So, I'm now going to have to strip the whole #@***$¥§ thing down again to find out whats gone wrong unless you yoc gods can think of any thing I can do? Or would you know why it's happened? I followed the Manuel word for word so not sure what I've missed.

So not very happy at the moment as it seems like I've just pissed 8 months down the drain.

Any help will be beneficial to betty as I near on presented her with a lump hammer.

Much love

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

are they the clutches with the "mushroom" actuators to pull the plates or is it the rod and worm drive to push?

Not sure what to say noise,but you dont have to strip the whole thing just the clutch cover.

First thought was the pressure plate is on wrong but no that would cause it to not engauge, must be in the push rod/pull cam LOL drewps beet me to it what type is it push or pull?

Hang on gunna have to get me Manuel out the shed and find out. Thing is if I just take off the clutch cover the release lever is on the other side of the engine so won't be able to get to it.

Ok dokie it's a push type.did the arm the cable attaches to pop out of the case?

Hang on gunna have to get me Manuel out the shed and find out. Thing is if I just take off the clutch cover the release lever is on the other side of the engine so won't be able to get to it.

sounds like a push then.

did you strip it down? possibility that there is a ball bearing at the clutch end and can come out if you withdraw the rod.

also they needs adjusting to take up the slack

Right yes it's a push. In the center of the pressure plate there is a rod and ball bearing and dip shit here didn't adjust the f ing thing to take up the slack. (insert wanker comments)

But yes Dt it seems that the clutch release mechanism has popped up but as its so tight to the bottom of the rear cylinder it's not fully out.

O and no I didn't take the lever out nor the gear box as all I needed to change was the crank.

so the lever has poped out and now pressed tight against the cylinder?

I'm not familiar with Betty's anatomy noise but perhaps because you didnt take up the slack the operating arm has over-reached and this caused the displacement, it will be held tight anyway now so you'll have to slacken the clutch springs to release the pressure on the operating arm. There may even be issues with how it came about that the operating arm travelled upwards? is there a locating screw that's supposed to keep it in place?

No not tight, I can move it but not quite sure what feeling I'm...um.... Feeling for when I know it's back to where it should be and when I let go it slowing comes up again. But I only tried this for about a minute as I was getting very chewy and the wife forced me in doors with a cuppa and a rolly

I still think you'll have to remove the pressure plate to make any progress with this, it's no use forcing anything...especially when trying to fight against a push rod being held against spring tension...but like I said before I'm not familiar and dont have any manual to reference to

If the arm can move up and down more than a wee bit 1/16th then the e clip has come off the bottom of the arm that keeps it in place in the case.

You should be able to hold it down though and get the clutch to release,if not then you didn't adjust the set screw in the pressure plate proprely.

Ok drew is way better at finding diagrams and it has to be missing the ball bearing then. Common thing for people to loose

Ok drew is way better at finding diagrams and it has to be missing the ball bearing then. Common thing for people to loose

if he's not stripped it down, then the BB will still be there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online